I was at my friends’ Mayank’s home this weekend, in Gurgaon, woke up late on sunday morning, and it takes 2 hours to reach from Gugaon, sector 15 to Delhi Gate, Daryaganj. So, anyhow, we managed to reach there at 12 noon. This is really not a good time to visit Daryaganj, especially in summers, it was too hot to browse for books in open market, I was surprised to see, foreign tourist enjoying this kind of shopping.
I would recommend you to reach Darayganj by 9 am, vendors get seated over there at that time, crowd is also less, and you can easily get your favorite book at that time, without roaming around much under the bright sun.
Here are few quick tips if you are planning to visit Daryaganj Book Market-
- Go only if you require novels
- Academic books are available over there, but you won’t buy them coz most of them are very old editions and obsolete, and those academic books are also not much of a bargain over there.
- Do carry a bag with you if you are thinking of a lot of book hunting.
- Prepare a list of books, before heading over, as this will help you to be focused on particular books, otherwise, its like sea of books over there.
- A water bottle is essential for every travel in summers. Do take it, don’t forget it.